Photo Collage

Photo Collage

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Zoo Trip with My Sisterfriend

Somewhere around early January my youngest sister, Kristina, was going through a rough time. Boys are hard. School is a pain. Work is tiring. And sometimes you just need a little one-on-one time with your sister. So we planned to hit up Oak Mountain for a day of hiking, but on the way there I threw out the idea of hitting the Birmingham Zoo instead. We hadn't been in forever and it was the first nice day in weeks. We figured the animals would be happy to get out and enjoy some sunshine, and so would we.

So around lunch time I picked up Kristina, we hit up Western Supermarket's deli for a quick lunch, then headed out to the zoo. We really didn't get many pictures, but that's ok. The memories are in my heart and mind, and that's what counts the most.

We spent the afternoon observing animals of all kinds, laughing at silly things they were doing, making up jokes that no one else would understand or even laugh at, and talking about most things under the sun. By the end of the day my soul (and hers too I hope!) were rejuvenated and feeling fresh. Just what the doctor ordered!
Juice mustache

We had a great time, and I always love time with my little Munchkin! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment