Photo Collage

Photo Collage

Monday, October 10, 2016

Hannah: 2 Years Old

Hannah turned two on September 10, and this big ole girl is something else. She's the funniest, sassiest, sweetest and cutest person I've ever met. She loves to run over, lean in and rest her head on someone and say "awwwww." She comes up to me at least once an hour and pats me on the leg and says "Mommy kay?" to make sure I'm ok. She's very thoughtful and sweet. She loves giving kisses (luckily she puckers up now instead of opening her mouth wide!). She loves hugs, high fives, sitting "wit me!", exclaiming happily "got it!" whens she figures something out, and walking into a room and saying "Boo!!" while waiting for your scared reaction.
She is great at pushing boundaries and going as far as she can before running over and giving a quick side hug to appease whoever she's working on. She'll furrow her brows, tilt her head down and give the most serious face she can (she's Andrew's kid!!) before bursting into a big smile and laughing. She gets whiny when she's tired and super grumpy when she's hangry. A spoonful of peanut butter usually sets her right. (she is my child after all!).
Hannah spends many Sundays with  my mom, Grandma (Momma), and excitedly talks about Momma anytime she wants to go somewhere. When she plays with her toy phones it's always Momma that is on the other line. Apparently she doesn't take calls from anyone else. (I am Mommy, Grandma is Momma).
Once she sets her mind to something, it's all she can think about. If she's going to see Nana and we tell her, she repeatedly asks for Nana until she arrives. She must have a pretty good time at Nana and Papa Chip's house!
She likes to let us know she "want bye bye" if we've been home too long. She'll also tell us when she's ready for bed "I want nigh-nap!" Too easy to get this girl to sleep. (she is my child after all!). This kid is a jabberbox and can usually request what she wants. She may not have the specific word for it, but we know most of her code words. Of course there are plenty of times she says things that make no sense to us but she knows exactly what she's saying.
She's doing Mother's Day Out 5 days a week from 9-2 and loves it there. She asks for Nenny (Wendy, her teacher) all the time. We've started to think Nenny is any of her teachers because she talks about her even on days Wendy isn't there. But if you show her a picture she's colored she always says it was with Nenny. She loves going to the playground, cooking in the toy kitchen and playing with her friends.
She takes one nap per day, goes down about 7:30 and sleeps until about 7 am. We transitioned to her big girl bed about 2 months ago and she handled it like a champ!! The only downside is she climbs out of bed at 7 am and sits and knocks on her door and calls us. (she used to sleep until about 8, but she definitely gets up earlier now).
We haven't started any potty training although she tells us when she's doing business and is probably close to begin ready. Honestly, I'm not ready. It's just not time yet. For now she tolerates diaper changes.
She's obsessed with watching cartoons on our phones, which she lovingly calls Momo. (She started off watching Elmo on the phone so she thinks it's called Momo). She has a serious Peppa Pig obsession, followed closely by My Little Pony (which she calls Mew Mews).
We are teaching a Mommy and Me ballet class every week and while she doesn't do much in class, I catch her practicing her moves at home pretty often. As a proud mommy I have to say she's got a beautifully natural high relevรจ!! I hope she has the love and passion for dance like I did, but I want her to find her own calling in life. Fingers crossed its in the dance studio like me!!
Our work schedules are really crazy right now so she tends to spend more time at home with Andrew than me lately. Girl friend loves her daddy, but when I'm home it's usually after we haven't seen much of each other for a few days so Mommy takes top notch after a few doubles. Its so sweet and exhausting, after working 3 doubles in a row I just want to sleep, but Baby wants to cuddle. I try to remind myself that this time is so fleeting that I need to take every cuddle and hug she'll give.
Overall our girl is smart, funny and so loving. We wouldn't trade her or change anything about our big ole 2 year old!! We love you Baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment