Photo Collage

Photo Collage

Friday, November 8, 2013

Rehearsal & Dinner

 We had our rehearsal on Friday, Oct. 25, 2013 since there was a wedding booked at our venue for Saturday. Friday was very cold for Alabama (think 45 degrees!) and we were shivering in our heels. I was so worried it would stay cold for the wedding and that all of our guests would be freezing and leave early. (Spoiler alert, thankfully that didn't happen and it warmed up just in time for our wedding day!)

The bridal party, parents, my coordinator, Callie the photographer, Andrew and myself suffered through the cold and got all the details worked out for Sunday. We were there about an hour, and I'm so glad we went b/c it made Sunday go a lot more smoothly. Sadly I didn't take any pictures, but Mom got a couple. (Callie was there to scope out scenery and photo spots for Sunday).



 After the rehearsal we all met at Bernie's on Main in Columbiana, AL for the dinner portion of the night. Andrew's dad & stepmom, Howard and Tammy, graciously hosted this for us and our guests. I am so thankful for them for many, many reasons, and this was so kind of them.

We had a private room at the back of the restaurant, specially printed menus just for us, our wonderful friend Joe gifted us his dj services for the evening, and my best friend and Matron of Honor, Beth made us the most amazing slideshow. It was perfect. We got there, mingled and talked and had a few drinks, then sat down for dinner. Each guest had an option out of of 5 entrées, 2 desserts, as well as salad and rolls. The food was wonderful and we had a very good server.

After dinner was finished, Joe pointed our attention to the big screen for our surprise slideshow. Andrew and I had NO idea this was happening. The only person who did know was Peggy, and that's because Beth had to get the pictures from her. (My mom has countless pictures both old and new posted online, so Beth just raided her facebook page!). So here is the wonderful slide show she made us.




After the picture show, it was time for Family Feud, wedding edition. This pitted the bridesmaids and groomsmen against each other. Andrew and I had answered 4 questions for Joe, each giving about 6 possible answers. Stuff like, "If Andrew & Kassie went out for a night on the town, you might find them here ______". Sadly I didn't get any pictures of this either b/c I was too busy laughing my butt off. The girls won this one!

After the excitement we hung out a bit longer, gave out of bridal party gifts and said our goodbyes.

I only got a few pictures, and they're actually ones Mom took and sent me later. We had such a great time, and definitely a night to remember. The staff at the restaurant said we had one of the coolest rehearsal dinners they'd have hosted there. Score!

Heading to the rehearsal

Me in front of our slide show presentation before I knew what it was
At Bernie's on Main at the end of the night
The happy couple <3
This is one of the coolest gifts we've ever received. Howard made us a memory box with 100 year old wood from his families old home. This was after dinner at their hotel.
My husband sure cleans up nicely!!

No comments:

Post a Comment