Photo Collage

Photo Collage

Friday, May 23, 2014

Baby Is....

We had our anatomy scan on Tuesday, May 13. (I'm a little behind on updates here, life is busy and fast moving!!). When we went in the US tech asked what we thought Baby would be, and we both said we thought girl. I told her if it ended up being a boy then my 'mother's intuition' was way off and needed practice.

She started with the important stuff, checking the growth, limbs, head, spine, organs, etc. Her and the doctor both said everything looks great. I had blood drawn, still waiting on those results. The Penta Screen as they call it checks for trisomy defects such as Downs Syndrome and other, more serious trisomy problems. I'll feel better when we get the results back, but since I'm still relatively young we are considered low-risk for these. Hopefully it stays that way!

After checking out the anatomy, the tech said, "Ok, let's see if those mommy feelings are right!" She started hunting around to get a good shot and said, "Well, you're right mommy. It's a girl!" My heart melted. I had kind of wanted a boy until about 2 weeks before the appointment, when I had the over whelming feeling she was a girl. At that moment I wanted that sweet baby girl of my dreams. And here she was! She asked if we had a name picked out, which indeed we did!

Hannah Claire Boggan

I asked the tech if she was sure it was a girl before we told all of our families, and she said with a laugh, "A vagina is a vagina all day long. It's a girl!" Ok then! Not the wording I'd expected, but we got the 'yes I'm sure' loud and clear! Baby girl it is!!

We both had the day off so after our epic, 2.5 hour appointment (long scan, blood draw, meet with doctor, wait on doctor, wait on nurse, etc) we headed out for lunch. We decided to do cupcakes with a pink filling for our gender reveal for friends and family in town. We hit Publix and they told us they'd be done in 15 minutes. Score! We grabbed lunch from the deli, took our cupcakes and had a picnic in the car in Publix's parking lot. While we sat there we made a little video to share with our friends and family that were out of state. 


We are beyond excited to be Mom and Dad to a precious baby girl in a few short months. Andrew was hoping for a boy, but I think the minute he lays eyes on Hannah he's going to be head over heels, wrapped around her finger, done for. He's a softy (shush! don't tell!) so he will have no guard against her.

Here are a couple of pictures from our day of telling everyone.
Don't be fooled by my blue shirt! What's in the cupcake?!? PINK!!
Sidney didn't think the silly string was as clever as we did.
Best for last -- Kristina's reaction to the cupcake :)
So it's a girl for us, and we are so excited to meet her (but not too soon!), love her and teach her all kinds of girly, and manly things. I'm sure she'll be a disc golf pro in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment