Photo Collage

Photo Collage

Monday, May 5, 2014

Pregnancy: 16.5 Weeks

No pictures specific week picture to show for this post. We've kind of been slacking on the belly pics. Since I was at my Mom's all of last week it just got away from us. I am definitely starting to look pregnant, although I joke that I'm in the "Is she fat or pregnant?" stage. I have been getting some looks from people that look at my stomach, then my face, back to my stomach, then my boobs, then back to my stomach. It's like they aren't sure if they should congratulate me or wonder if I've just gained weight. A little of both, to be honest! haha.

Picutre from my cousin's graduation. You can see some belly.
I've decided that I will not be one of those women who only grows in the belly. My weight is well distributed, so I won't be 9 months hearing "Oh you're all belly!" Even though I know it's pregnancy related, my growing size is kind of two sided. On one hand I feel fat, bloated and overall unattractive. But on the other hand I want to revel in pregnancy and it's growth spurts and love my growing body. Some days I feel good about it, but some days I have the 'woe is me, I'm getting huge days.' Don't get me wrong, I am so happy and blessed to be pregnant and experience all that comes with it when so many women have trouble. But it's just reality that the changes your body goes through aren't all flowers and smiles. It is a lot to cope with in some ways.

We go back to the doctor in 8 days. At that appointment we will do the anatomy scan to make sure Baby is growing properly and organs are completely formed and all of that good stuff. We will also get to find out the gender, if Baby cooperates and gives us a money shot. I cannot believe we are so close to finding out the sex. We both are leaning towards wanting a boy, but we also both think it's a girl. For the past week or so I've had the overwhelming feeling that it's a girl. We've chosen names (which we will announce when we find out the sex), and it seemed like after we decided on names, I told my belly "Goodnight Girl, or Boy, whoever you are!" (insert specific name instead of girl/boy). As soon as I said it, something welled up inside me and just screamed "I'm a Girl!!" Since then whenever I think of the baby it's with the female pronoun. We will see what mother's intuition says in 8 days!! We will announce the gender once we've found out and told family and friends in person. We are so excited and will be thrilled either way!

How far along: 16 weeks, 5 days

Symptoms: I'm  happy to report my morning sickness is under control, although I am still taking medicine for it. I'm scared to not take it! I've got about 2 weeks left on my current prescription, then when it ends hopefully my body will have fully stopped being sick. Hopefully. I'm not as exhausted as I was in the first trimester, but I do still have a bedtime of 10-10:30. If I stay up later than that I am spent and drained all the next day.

Sleep: I'm sleeping better though the night (yay for not waking every 3 hours!!). I know that is short lived, but I'll enjoy it for the few months that I can!

Clothes: I am fully in maternity clothes. I've done some shopping and hope to have enough clothes to get me through the pregnancy. Unless something comes up where I need a fancy dress, I should be good. Now I'll have to try to plan Baby #2 where I can be pregnant in the same season and reuse all these clothes! I love shopping at thrift stores, but finding used maternity clothes is very difficult. That means I had to break down and buy brand new mat clothes, which are not cheap!!

Cravings/Aversions: I've had more aversions than cravings (grilled chicken -- you better get it away from me!) Mexican food used to be one of my favorites, but it just isn't as good anymore. (Maybe because I can't have the margarita that goes with it!!) But, the main craving I've had is diet coke from a soda fountain. Something about the fresh, fizziness is just unparalleled to me. It's so good. Fried Okra? omg give me some now.

Weight gain: Yea, I'm up about 10-ish pounds. Again, i won't be one of those skinny, cute pregnant ladies. Sadly in the first trimester, the only foods that eased my nausea and sat well in my stomach were carbs. Greasy carbs. Think: McDonalds hashbrowns. It's like hangover food still makes my stomach feel better.

Exercise Routine: Not enough of one. I've been trying to get out and walk a few days a week, but last week had so much going on I only walked one day. I got 2 prenatal yoga dvds, but I've yet to try them out. 

Movement: I thought I might have felt felt baby, but nothing definite just yet. Driving back from Tuscaloosa Friday night I was pretty torn: Is that Baby, or the club sandwich I had for dinner? I think it was the sandwich being digested. I'm in the window, although on the early side, to begin feeling baby move. I can't wait for the popcorn and bubbles to start!!

Added: We got a 17 week picture, 1 day shy of 17 weeks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment