Photo Collage

Photo Collage

Friday, April 5, 2013

Wedding Plans

Wedding planning is going smoothly, and we're getting closer and closer. I can hardly believe we're little more than 7 months out. Didn't he just propose?! It's all exciting and a little over whelming. There's a lot to plan, both large and small details. There's also a lot ot pay for. Even keeping things small and simple, weddings aren't cheap! When we first started talking about plans and budgets I asked Andrew if we should just elope. He answered with an emphatic no. "We are only doing this once, we're going to do it right." Something to that effect. And he's right. So here we are!







The chapel at the 4-H Center is just beautiful. It's a covered but open facility that really pulls in the light and has a lot of natural beauty. I love that we won't have to do much for decorating since it's such a pretty place. There's a large, covered pavilion on site that will hold the reception. Got that!

Our good friend Joe is with Feel the Beat Entertainment, and he will be providing the entertainment for us. He is great at what he does and I can't wait to see him in action! The wonderful Callie Combs will be doing photography for us. She did our engagement pictures and they turned out so well, and she was fantastic to work with. We are both eager to have her shoot the wedding.

We've narrowed down catering to two options. I've got to meet with them to get that ironed out as it is the last big thing on our list of planning. I'll feel better once that's finished. I have my dress, and it is absolutely beautiful, but that's all I'm saying until the day of! ;)

I've been thinking and working on centerpieces and decor and I think I've got a plan I like that won't cost us an arm and a leg. I took two size terra cotta pots and started painting them in our wedding colors which are burgundy, plum and champagne. I think I'll do burgundy pots, then single pansies in purple to line the tables. They are the long, rectangle tables, so a few down the center might look nice. Possibly some type of table runner or fabric underneath. There will be off white table cloths provided with the venue.



These pansies are much to large for the pots, but show the color I like.

We've talked about other details and have at least a loose plan for most everything. We have save the dates, which will go out in the next couple of weeks. I bought invitations which we will print ourselves and save a good chunk of change.

One of the most exciting parts is we've booked the honeymoon!! We will be spending 6 nights, 7 days in Punta Cana of the Dominican Republic. We've got an all inclusive resort that hosts a ton of pools, bars, restaurants, amenities and fun stuff. I mean I'm ready to go, like now! Here is where we'll be staying.

Aside from that, we are totally open to suggestions or ideas from someone who's been in the planning stage. It's a lot to plan, but we're excited and it just keeps getting closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment