Photo Collage

Photo Collage

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Hidden Baby Diaries #2

Last week I had my second Ob/Gyn appointment, and this one was an actual appointment instead of more consultation stuff. Andrew was off work so he went with me. We didn't have to wait very long thankfully. I had an ultra sound to date the pregnancy and make sure it was healthy and viable. Good news! Everything looked great, just a little earlier than we expected. According to the scan Baby was measuring 5 weeks 6 days, instead of the 7 weeks 2 days we initially thought. So they changed our due date to October 15, 2014. I lost 10 days which isn't bad, but I was bummed to move backward in the week count! New weeks start on Wed, so I'm almost 7 weeks (again haha). We even got to see the faintest flicker of a heartbeat. So exciting!!

I did talk to the doctor about how the dreaded morning sickness has set in. Oh, it's bad. I was so hopeful that I'd be one of the lucky ones (like my mom) that didn't have a lot of sickness, but it was not in the cards for me. It hit last Monday and has been going strong ever since. It's particularly bad from about 7:00 am to lunch time. After lunch I feel about 85% better. I've been waking up at 5:00 am everyday starving like I haven't eaten in days. I actually ate dinner at midnight last night (I know, way late, it was an experiment) to see if I felt better in the morning. Nope. 5:06 I woke up and had my new morning ritual of crackers and water in bed. Get a few down, then go back to sleep. About 7 am I wake up and have a few more crackers, sleep for an hour, then wake up. I swear I may turn into a saltine cracker. They're so dry and crunchy and messy and loud. /sigh.

I told Andrew that so far this pregnancy thing is just no fun. I'm not even that far into it, but I guess this is the hardest portion (I hope!!). My body is becoming foreign to me. Usually I'm very in-tune with myself and what's going on. Not anymore. I'm moody, extra tired, nauseous almost all the time, my stomach's been upset, I'm burping more than is humanly possible, and I'm so bloated I could pass for 5 months pregnant. It's ridiculous.

All in the name of love I guess!!

And to share our little grain of rice, here's what we saw at the ultra sound!

No comments:

Post a Comment